Anyone use a GK 800RB with Aggie GS112's?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Irishbass, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Just wondering about this pairing, by accident I forgot to change over my acoustic gig amp ( GK MB150 combo)for my "Wedding Gig" head ( Eden WT400) at the weekend so got a shock when I realised I was going to have to drive my pair of GS112's with the little 100w Microbass combo for a gig in a large Hotel playing at a wedding. I didnt think it would be able for it but to my surprise the little GK did much better than I expected and only ran into volume trouble for really loud full on material that we covered. I ran both Aggies out of the GK with its own speaker switched off and for the most part my sound with an old passive jazz bass was really sweet and warm with some nice cut to it, actually I thought it suited the more bottomy Aggies a bit better than my Eden head but I would have been happier with more headroom and volume.
    I did own an older GK800rb some years back before I ever had the Aggies and when it eventually died of old age and exhaustion I really missed it but went for a different head because I needed it urgently and that was that. so if anyone is running a GK800 rb with the GS112 cabs I would love to hear what you have to say.
    Regards from Ireland...
  2. Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Yeah those GK MB150 amps are really loud for their size. I used mine recently for a couple of rehearsals with just the internal 12" speaker. I was really pushing it (more than I should have the 2nd time) and the tone wasn't all that clean but that amp is still alive and kickin' despite this abuse!