Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone use a Line 6 Filter Pro

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jpwinters, Sep 3, 2002.

1. jpwinters

jpwinters Guest

Aug 22, 2002
    Norfolk, Va
    I got one of these and love it. I was wondering if anyone else has one and what are some of their favorite sounds with settings to get those sounds?

I've just been using the factory presets and want to expand a bit.

2. I did a post about it when the price went down to $299. Nobody seem to care? It was hard to resist that price...but I did. Almost went for it. Is yours fully Midi-implementable? Like, each and every parameter or what?

3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I have one and love it.....I also have the original Mutron / Q-Tron etc......most of my gigs I have to set up very quickly, so I needed something with presets......and the Line 6 does everything I ask of it so far! I'm one of those guys that just tweak and save.....I don't use any of the presets that came with it......plus it's true bypass, very important to me!!

4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Never mind......I didn't read the "Pro" Part....sorry:D

5. 00Funk

00Funk Banned

Jul 17, 2006
    Dallas TX
    good thing because when its on, it sucks the tone right out of your amp. I hate this thing. The filter modeler is SOOOOOOOOO much better for some reason

6. 00Funk

00Funk Banned

Jul 17, 2006
    Dallas TX
    CORRECTION. This thing sounds fantastic, in the high pass effects loop. In the high pass loop, the low end is uneffected by effects. I wonder why, it takes me so long to figure things out ? :confused:

[​IMG]