1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone use a Road Rage Looper?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ryan Mohr, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
  2. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Just saw those today as well on the site.....they missed one big thing on the true bypass strips though.....a master bypass switch. I find it to be crucial. I've got a loopmaster and love it....but for those who don't foresee needing a master bypass and also don't want to wait, the Road Rage looper could be a great option.

3. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    If you go to their site, you can ask them to wire one of the loops as a master bypass switch. It's a shame they only have a limited selection of loops. But it's possible to get as many as you need by buying one with too many loops, and asking them to configure the extra switches as a master bypass/tuner mute. Great customer service too.

4. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    I just built one of these for Brian Southall (The Receiving End of Sirens, The Company We Keep, BOYSNIGHTOUT, fordirelifesake)...Um, not the most fun build.
    Super small area the solder in. Really awkward angles! I got a few nice burns on my hands and wires haha.
    The unit is solid though...just sucks to build.

If you're going to buy one, definitely just do the www.loop-master.com route!

5. Loop-Master

Loop-Master

Oct 7, 2008
    Thanks for the props Ryan!

6. EddieG

EddieG

Jan 19, 2005
    Scotland
    I finished one of their 8 channel looper kits today, and it is admittedly a very tight and awkward area to solder in, but if you plan ahead you can make life so much easier for yourself. The quality of the enclosure and parts is superb, and if you can solder cleanly, I'd recommend giving it a go.