Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone use a Sansamp TRIAC?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kringle77, Jun 24, 2005.

1. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    How do these sound with bass? Does the low end get cut off? Does it effect your sound with switched off? Good, bad, let me know guys.

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    blisshead uses one. I used one, and I liked it but found the low end eq to not be quite right for bass. To be clear, it doesn't lose low end, but when you add low end it's at 100hz.

lots of prior discussion in here also

3. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    Quite metallic but whit a little search, just a great tone tooll

4. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    I tried one very briefly with guitar a long time ago. I liked it. I figured that the low end would be alittle "off" for bass. Im glad that it doesn't suck the low end out of your sound though. I may get one for home recording. If it doesn't effect my sound when I kick it off, I may use it for my live setup. If anyone has one, please post some samples! Can anyone tell me how to put sound bites on here? I would post some.

5. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I had thought about getting one of these (for guitar), but ended up getting a SansAmp GT2 instead. Which, incidentally, also sounds great on bass (you can dial in the typical BDDI tones as well as many other flavors.)

6. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    tech 21 doesn't advice true bypass but a buffered bypass inspired By pete cornish, which buffers the sound in order to not loose anything with long cables, so when you leave it of, it's like having a line driver in your signal chain , or if you want a better explanation: You would have the same sound than having a 3 meter cable on a 15-20 meter cable, thus no sound degradation: better thant true bypass

7. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Great, these are the responces that I was looking for.

8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I love it, everything from a little warmth to metal insanity on three switches.