1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

anyone use a spectraflex fatso cable?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 513rocks.com, Jun 26, 2012.

1. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    I love braided cables. I have a fender plat series cable that I love but its only 20'. I've been lookin around for a longer one but fender don't make the cable I have now. The have a braided custom shop cable but they don't have 25' with a right angle.
    I found spectraflex cables online and am interested in the Farsi flex. They're very expensive but I've never heard of them. I did a search here buy no results. Anyone use them or know anything about them. They claim to be the origunal braided cable. Wanted to get any info I can from yall or if you have any sugestions about a long braided bass cable....
    Thanx....

2. BassDoc51

BassDoc51

Dec 20, 2011
    Fairborn, OH
    I had the same old original right angle Spectraflex cable for close to 25 years, until someone recently walked off with it. I just replaced it with a new one. I believe that 21 ft is the longest that they offer. I can't compare it to anything else because it's pretty much all I've ever used.

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    They're included in the reviews linked in my sig. I've seen several other posts about them; one guy had a bad Spectraflex, it died after a short time, but other people have said theirs lasted for years.

Personally my favorite cloth-braided cables are DiMarzio and Lava ELC, but I would use Spectraflex any time.