Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone use a strat jack?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by eots, Aug 1, 2005.

1. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    Strat. The most copied guitar? How come nobody's ever put a strat style jack on their bass. I'm considering doing this to my project. :bag: and some strats I've seen flipped around so the cord's inserted from the player angle.. just some thoughts...

2. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Mine has that thing.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

It's on the back of the bass; works very well. I like that it doesn't show from the front at all, not even when plugged in.
    More info here.

3. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    My old bass is there in my Avatar -- a Landing L2.

4. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    Elros, does that make it difficult to un/plug while strapped on?
    Yellow, is that factory installed or diy?

5. [​IMG]

mine has one too

6. Guest User

Guest User

Apr 3, 2005
    **** nice bass

7. Kelly Coyle

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
  8. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    Interesting brand Landing. A 3 j pup short scale 5 string...very intriguing. Do you like yours Yellow? Another thought I had was to put a tele control plate on mine and Landing already has a 3/5 position strat/tele style switch.. :meh:

9. Kelly Coyle

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    It sounded and played great. Very high quality instrument.

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    That's awesome! I've always thought about doing that to one of my basses. Thought nobody ever considered that.

11. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    I've got that style of output on my SR506. I prefer it to side-mounted.

Why? Because when I play, sometimes I like to sit on my couch, and rest that edge of the body on the couch. So if I'm plugged in, it bends up and ruins my cables. I'm lazy, and cheap, so it saves me from standing up and saves me money of buying new cables.

12. Pruitt

Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    Same here. I recently bought an Ibanez SR-506 and it has the Strat style jack. ;)

13. buy a cable with an angled jack then :p

14. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Nah. Not particularily. It was a bit fiddly in the start, but now it is as easy as any other bass I've had.
    You learn pretty quick where to put your hand to hit the jack with the plug.

Listerud, my luthier, has done it for 10 years. It has become one of the things that are recognizable with his instruments. Very cool, practical and smart.