Anyone use a Walkabout cabinet (12" or 15") as a standalone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lync, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Looking for a cab to use with my Thunderfunk TF-420.

I checked out the Walkabouts in a local shop-they seemed to be light and made very well. Just wondering about how they sound?
  2. 62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I use the Scout combo 12-essentialy the same cabinet. I like it a lot and it puts out a lot of bottom end if you want; more than your average 1-12. I've used it mostly with an R and B group with horns and Hammond. Plenty of volume for what I need. It'll fill a small room easily on its own and I use the direct out for larger rooms with PA support. It'll play cleanly for everything I need, but I wouldn't use it alone for loud rock or punk. It is only a single 12 and has its limits although it is quite efficient. It doesn't require a high powered amp to drive it to silly levels of volume. I'd love to try the 15 cabinet or a pair of 12s. But I don't need anything louder.

I'm completely satisfied with it and wouldn't consider switching to anything else I've tried. Very well made cabinet too.

I don't know what kind of music you play or what size of room so I don't know what else to tell you.
  3. I have a mesa scout 15 I use as a stand alone. even outdoors it delivers the goods.(playing classic rock in bars and medium size clubs w\no p.a. support).I never NEEDED another cab,but I WANT a second one to double my pleasure..I come from the school of big bass rigs,mesa rr 2x15+2x10,mesa rr ph1000...while my ears loved it,my back did'nt....enter the scout,now my back and my ears are very happy and I think you'll be quite suprised this cab sounds way bigger than it is.
  4. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Cool man-thanks! Did you get your Walkabout at Parkway Music?

I need something smaller than the 6X10-some club owners get scared when they see that! I would rather be more subtle-have a cab that looks small, but can still destroy the world!
  5. yes,I did get it at Parkway..