1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone use Ableton for making songs?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by lird12, Aug 4, 2012.

1. lird12

lird12

Mar 14, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    I need a great, easy to use music making software that has a lot of great virtual instruments and things. I want to plug my bass into my comp, record. Then do the rest with virtual instruments to give my band mates an idea of what I want the song to sound like. Will Ableton 8 Suite be good for this? Thanks!

2. samurai1993

samurai1993

Jun 6, 2010
    Chile
    At least I don't like the way Ableton handle things, the interface is too messed up for me.

I always recomend Reaper www.reaper.fm

For simple demoing I just do Reaper + EZ drummer + soundfonts or free vst's for the rest of instruments. It's not very realistic, but it makes the work.

I would take a look at Mixcraft: http://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/

As close to Garageband as you can be, ease to use. I just like Reaper because it's made like a rock, and works with everything you throw into it :hyper:

3. lird12

lird12

Mar 14, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks, I've tried mixcraft. It was okay. The interface felt kinda cheap to me and the virtual instrument weren't amazing from what I remember. I'll look into Reaper but still have my hopes for Ableton. thanks!

4. gricko

gricko

Mar 29, 2004
    yes

5. lird12

lird12

Mar 14, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    woot!!