1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone use an Ampeg V2?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Beyer160, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Beyer160

Beyer160

Dec 20, 2008
    NC
    I know the only difference between the V2 and V4 is that the V2 is half the power, but has anyone here used one for bass? I've been looking for a V4, but I have a line on a V2 and was wondering what kind of clean headroom I could expect out of it. I'll probably only use it as a studio amp, but we record with minimal isolation and I still need it to move air.

Anyone have any experience with this head? I might pick up the 4x12 cabinet with it, or maybe just use it with my 2x15.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Not familiar with that particular Ampeg, but I'm way familiar with B-15N's and the V4, and if you don't crank it too far, you can get plenty enough clean headroom to record. Unless of course you try to record as a rhythm section and don't have good monitoring in your recording gear.

I don't know..try it and see if it suits your needs.

3. rbonner

rbonner

Sep 25, 2008
    I'd pick up the 412 cab with it... BOB

4. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    the V2 is a very nice amp but, if i were you, i would hold out for a V4 or a V4B. to me, the 60 watt V2 just won't give you much much headroom for playing live gigs at all, so it would only be a 'studio' amp.