Anyone use Audioscrobbler?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by The Mock Turtle Regulator, Aug 3, 2004.

1. I came accross this (a programme that logs what tracks you listen to) when doing a Google search to see if my bootleg/mashup alias (and now bass solo artist name) "Barry Beatmaster" was being mentioned-

and found this- beatmaster

617 plays for "benny's gay bar" (a mashup of Electric 6's "gay bar" over the Benny Hill theme) :p

(and 1 play for Don't you want eminem, which was my first attempt at a mashup, and is embarassingly bad :oops: )

pretty funny how something I threw together in an hour or so gets a mention (also in this chart of fave short songs- ), yet the stuff i spend ages working on never does...... :crying:
    always the way, i suppose....

ps. Benny's gay bar can be found here-
  2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    hah! Thats funny! :D
    Admit, you never did expect this to happen, did you? :D
    And as for your other works - perhaps they are too complicated a listen for just ordinary listeners? (if it is jazz)
    You might want to get your stuff a bit simpler/more harmonic/easier
    just my $0,0001 worth of advice ;)
  3. dunno, I think it's more that the music is so different, in style but also in mood-
    the gay bar mashup still makes me laugh, and I suppose that's why people listen to it, but they probably wouldn't listen to my bass tracks or band tracks, as they'd find them depressing or even disturbing.

I experienced a similar confusion when I joined my present covers band, after a few years of playing to empty venues in original bands, and found there were lots of people coming out to watch mostly the same old rock covers set.