Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone use Behringer amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by squierplayer120, Nov 17, 2004.

1. squierplayer120

squierplayer120

Nov 17, 2004
    Wisconsin
    I use a Behringer BX300 and I'm suitably impressed with it.
    Anyone else? :) my bad :cool:

2. I use a Behringer BX600 combo, and love it :bassist:

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
  4. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I used a BX3000 head, and it did me just fine. It's now my backup, since I found a good 1-space amp to go with my BMax. Easy to find good, usable tone. Don't care much for their octaver in it, but I don't use it anyway. Don't care for the ethics of the company, either, which is why it's strictly a backup.

5. Yep, been using a Behringer BX3000T head with an Ashdown MAG 410 deep cab. Just about managed to get my prefered tone out of it. It's got a lot of diversity in the tone, so it was just a matter of getting used to having a 5-band EQ and so on to dial my own tone in. The "Ultrabass" feature is good for some stuff, but to be honest, I don't ever use shape, bright or deep much. If I've got ultra new strings and I'm doing some more bassy stuff, I just slap the Deep button to cancel out too much of the brightness just so it fits with the pieces I'm playing better.

Just waiting for the hordes to come and tell me I'm going to burn in Hell for forever just like last time a Behringer thread came up.

For the last time: It was all I could afford. I didn't want to buy second hand. I don't have much money. I am their target audience, and I bought their product and I'm happy with it.

Good ol' pre-emptive strikes. Where have I seen that before...?

Mark.

6. I use a BX1200 Ultrabass combo as a practice amp. The unit works well for that purpose and for small events. It clips at full volume so I keep it under 3/4. For large events, I go through a Sansamp Bass Drive DI to the mixer and on to PA's.

7. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I have a BX600, but prefer to watch the carnage....
    [​IMG]

8. sLapshock

sLapshock

Nov 12, 2004
    Singapore
    if u all me would u choose bx300 or swr la 10?

9. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I have a BX3000T I love it.

This is not an ethics threads so ssshh!

10. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Got to hand to them Red Sox, boy I'll tell ya.

11. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Gotta love that post!

12. danman

danman

May 18, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    I would suggest the 300. SWR's LA series stands for LAme.

danman

13. joetheragman

joetheragman

Oct 4, 2004
    florida
    Have one with 60 hours on it and it is great and really quite loud if necessary.

14. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    Oh well... We'll just have to be patient on this one.... :(

15. I also have the BX1200 combo for band practise and the small stage (though if there's another band playing i'll just plug into their rig, providing they don't mind of course :) )
    It's a cool amp, though the shape combined with it's weight make it slightly awkward for carrying places. It's got a great variation of tone i find, the ultrabass is good, but i don't seem to have the need to use it much, while I don#t really bother with the shape either, unless i need a drastic change in sound and need it boosting. Otherwise it's great, though i'm looking to expand so i can gig....
    Rob

16. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Maybe someone will throw us a bone. I saw the thread title and grabbed my chair and cooler right away.

17. squierplayer120

squierplayer120

Nov 17, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Yes that is so true! My parents are always ragging on me to turn that "Blasted crap down!" My windows flex when i play at full volume. :bassist:

18. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    [​IMG]

19. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Well, here we are at Page Two...