Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone Use Butt Kickers?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by srxplayer, Jan 12, 2005.

1. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I have checked out the forums using the search feature but nothing helpfull came up.

I am considering intsalling but kickers under our stage at church because the IEM system that we use has taken away any feel from the drums and bass.

I have no experience with these and was wondering if anyone in here has. I'm not even sure if they would work under a stage. Is there a similar product that would work better?

I use an amp on stage to help but we really can't run the volume at a level to were it really helps enough.

Any suggestions? Ideas? I open to anything.

2. Could you run your amp with bass EQ boosted (+15) and Mid & Treble EQ cut (-15) and keep your volume realatively low? Like using your amp as a subwoofer only?

Just a thought.

3. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Banned

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,
    I don't own one, and have never tried one...but I read an interview with someone somewhere, and that's exactly the application a Buttkicker works best for...only, they bold to the stage from the top, not from underneath. You would get the best of both worlds..great sound from the IEMs, and great "feel" from the Buttkicker.

4. Use one at Church w/IEMs. It's great! There are two, one under the drum riser and one under the bass riser.

It feels great and really adds to the feel and playability using IEMs.

Recommended.

5. NCorder

NCorder Smoke-free since 4/3/05

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    Since we use in-ear monitors, my drummer uses a butt-kicker on his throne so he can feel the kick drum without a wedge monitor. Don't over-amp them though, as he's blown 2 so far that way. I've farted around on his drum set while the buttkicker was on, and it is pretty cool.

6. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Thanks for the info.

I forgot to mention that we use a Roland electronic drum kit but it seems that everyone has pretty much figured that out.

7. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I have two mounted underneath my sofa. Makes watching Jurassic Park an incredible experience . . .