1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone use Curt Mangen? Or know of them?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by BassFTW, Aug 7, 2007.

1. The guy at my local music store swears by them, the only other things the stock for 5-string is Ernie Ball, GHS Boomers and something by dean I think? What do you guys think I should do?

2. I've tried both Nickel and SS. Good strings.
    Rumor has it that he use to work winding
    Ernie Ball strings. That's what a guitar TECH told me.
    Not a GC Salesman.

3. I just strung up a set on my 4 string ibanez and can't say I have any complaints. I heard the rumor about him working for Ernie Ball too. Makes sense...the strings feel a lot like slinkeys to me.

4. acleex38

acleex38

Jul 28, 2006
    Birdsong Guitars has, I believe, switched from using strings made by SIT for their original production setups to Mangen and speak VERY highly of Mangen I don't know personally, since my Birdsongs were both strung with flats originally and when I got roundwounds from them, it was from the last batch of the SITs. Scott at Birdsong says they're similar to the SIT Powerwound medium gauge.