Anyone use flats on a Warwick Corvette?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by DaBassman, Dec 3, 2004.

1. DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    Got my first Warwick last night! I'm used to using D'Addario Chromes......wondering how they would sound on this bass? :bassist:
    Anyone have any advice? Thanks!
  2. hyoshim

hyoshim Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I've used TI flat on my Corvette. It worked really well. I was told by my drummer that it sound so organic (woody) that it sound like an upright bass. It has very storng mid frequency emphasis. I loved it.
  3. DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    thanks! may give them a try
  4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I was out of my usual Fender 9050M flats, so I just put a set of Rotosound Steve Harris flats on my FNA. So far, so good - more aggressive sounding than my 9050s.
  5. brooklynbassguy

brooklynbassguy Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2004
    maplewood, nj, usa
    I used flats on my two warwicks, streamer stage ii, and infinity sn. At first ghs, then t.i.s. I'll never go back. Punch, presence, and it mellows the brightness of warwicks...
  6. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    TI flats on my Warwick Streamer Pro.

Yeah, it mellows Warwick's inherent brightness.
  7. Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    i have Rotosound flats on my thumb. they work great to mellow out the tone and give it a vintage/thump that is just great.
  8. Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    I use flats on my Warwick Corvette now, much more punch, lots of growl still, less brightness with an even more apparent mid and low mid emphasis. I really like them, I think I'll stick with flats, chords have a cool sound to them as well with flats. The only problem is with the fenders I use I don't like the tension on the E, anyone have any suggestions for strings with a bit more tension on the E then the Fenders. I want to try Chromes... DaBassMan give them a try and give us a review of them on your warwick?

9. DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    chromes are on my list to santa, will let you know!!
    btw, I've had a few basses in my day, but this warwick is the best so far!!! (esp for us poor lefties) :crying: