1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone use La Bella HRS for a 5 string?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by miketallica315, May 6, 2010.

1. miketallica315

miketallica315

Aug 16, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Hey guys,
    Anybody have any experience with La Bella Hard Rockin Steels for a five string? The claim to have one of the best B strings out of all of the string makers. I am looking at getting a set but want to make sure that it is worth the 40 bucks to get them. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. jasper383

jasper383

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
  3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

I use 'em on 5-string and love 'em. I prefer tapered B strings in general, and the HRS tapered B is excellent.

4. miketallica315

miketallica315

Aug 16, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Is every HRS 5 string set a tapered B?

5. That is what I like to know also....

6. miketallica315

miketallica315

Aug 16, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I just did some research on La Bella's website. The low B strings ARE in fact taperwound

7. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    The B is taperwound. Its a great B. I prefer the Pedulla because they taper the B thru D. I find the HRS 105 E untapered can be a thud monster. The HRS 100 E is a descent untapered. You can get the Pedullas at Just Strings.

8. I used a HRS 5-strings set last year in my main bass, and recently i put set on another similar 5-stringer.

In my opinion, the B-string is very good, and balanced with the rest of the set.

Anyway i didn't like the overall sound of those strings, even if they were usable. I like strings which have more "edge" and life ......
    They seemed to lack some "sproing-ness", in my opinion .......