1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

anyone use multiple compressors on their board?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bjazzman, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    i use one at the end of my chain for spikes but im thinking it might be good to have another one before my synths to keep things even

2. beggar98

beggar98

Jan 23, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    I use an EBS MultiComp at the very front of my chain, mostly so I can feed a clean signal into my MBSS, and then I usually have a comp patch up on my B3, which is second to last in my chain, for handling spikes and fattening up effected tones.

3. ryansalmond

ryansalmond

Nov 21, 2007
    Canada
    Thinking about it

4. Aaron_D

Aaron_D

May 9, 2010
    Tallahassee, FL
    Yes. Dual compression, 1 on my board through my blender and another rack comp blended through a channel on my amp. FAT and PUNCHY!!!!

5. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Yes. 2 pickups from attitude bass routed through 2 compressors for completely separate signal paths.

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I have done this, but my board has changed since then, and i no longer need to. No rules, just tone.

7. JBTucci

JBTucci

Oct 27, 2008
    KS
    I use a Multicomp in front of my OC2 and have both in a loop. I think it helps the tracking and I can adjust the volume this way. Also have a Diamond for slapping :bassist:

8. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    Only when using my own backline(SansAmp RBI->dbx166xL->QSC2402's) to keep the speakers safe. ALL of the patches I've set in preamp(Line 6 Bass PODXTLive) have comp on them. As you see above, the BOSE doesn't get dual comp(hence, BOSE Abuser).