1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone use stacked Markbass 1x15s?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wdinc01, Apr 11, 2009.

1. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    So I've been on the quest for a modular cab set up, and right now I'm really considering getting two 1x15s and stacking them. I also want them to be light, which is why I'm looking at Markbass.

Does anyone have experience with stacked Markbass 1x15s? I'm looking particularly at the traveler series (I think that's what they're called).

Or if you have any recommendations for another stacked 1x15 set up to look at, I'd like to hear it. I don't want it to be too expensive, and I'm using a AMP BH-420.

2. bag end 115 stacks seem to be quite popular...people seem to like stacking onecoax with a non-coax and claim great results...s15d and s15x-d

3. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    I was thinking about that, but I'm not sure how much they go for and how often I can find them used. I also can't really just go out and try them out because there isn't any place around here that carries them. As opposed to Markbass cabs, where I can run down to Guitar Center and try them out.

4. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    Wdinc01,
    I played two MarkBass 115P Traveler cabs, (stacked), with a M.B. LMII head at a Guitar Center a month or so back.
    If I was employed full time now that rig would have come home with me on the spot!

I've been impressed with the LM II head from the first time I'd tried one. The only M.B. cab I'd tried before this was their 410. Their 410 cabinet wasn't to my tastes.

5. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    I forget which head I tried out when I was checking out their cabs (and a Bag Eng 2x12), but I thought it was pretty good. Really simple controls, and sounded great. A lot better than the Ampeg head I used previously! But I never like any Ampeg products I try, so I guess that's not saying much.

6. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Any more opinions?