Anyone use the MarkBass amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mark Sacchetti, Apr 1, 2004.

1. I'm interested in the Little Mark amp.
    Has anyone used one?
    I am thinking of using it for small gigs with either an ABG or an upright.

2. smakbass

smakbass Smakkin basses for 25 years..

Aug 6, 2002
    Vancouver Canada
    It would be a good little rig for that I have tested a few at length a little to much money for what you get in my mind tho. At least here in Canada.
  3. lsdn

Sep 6, 2003
    padova (italy)
    Hello from Italy.
    Actually I own a P500 head (now Markbass has replaced it with P501) and a 3x10 cabinet.
    it's a good and powerful system.

I checked also Little Mark head : it has less power than mine but is also a very good product.
  4. Thanks everyone for responding to my queery.
    Ciao to you in Italy
    I am not familar with the product line. I was curious about the quality and power ratings of the amps and whether they sound matural or have a signature sound.

Mark :bassist:
  5. lsdn

Sep 6, 2003
    padova (italy)
    about the sound I can say: with all controls in flat the head sounds a little bit compressed. the eq is very efficient and I can easily 'carve' my sound in almost every hall.
    My cabinet works at 6 ohm , has plenty of low frequencies, good mids and highs 'in the right amount' (according with my own taste).And about the weight , all MB cabinets are very light (also the 6x10).

Don't expect a vintage sound from these amps: instead think about a more modern bass sound , with good power and definition.

MarkBass products are appreciated mainly by Italian fusion bass players but I think they sound good also in rock situations (like mine).
    And recently I read about some famous rock-oriented bass players as endorsers , like Matt Bissonette and John Taylor of Duran Duran.
  6. Thanks Isdn for thge "heads" up on the amp.

7. michele

michele Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2004
    I'm italian and YES I own this amp. It sounds very natural and have a lot of power too (mine is one of the first bunch of Little Mark Combos at 250W ... but now I guess Markbass offers it at 300W) ... but what's incredible is that this amp weights about 37 pounds! Going to a gig with the bass on the shoulder and the amp by the hand ... I think it's every bassist's wet dream!
    On a recent gig in an auditorium (100 people) with a great acoustics I got a PERFECT sound playing my Sadowsky in passive mode through the Little Mark set ABSOLUTELY FLAT!
    At the moment I'm considering to buying an Aguilar rig (you know, always serchin' something, always buyin' something ... they call it "new-gear-addiction") but the Little Mark remains with me!
  8. kmacleish

Nov 19, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    After seeing Matt Bissonette playing through Markbass stuff with G3, and seeing their print ads in Bass Player, I inquired as to where in the US they could be found and was told, "Nowhere, yet." Anyone actually seen them in a store here yet?
  9. I am thinking about offering the line. I'm going to order the Little Mark amp for a client of mine. I will let you know how it sounds when I get it here.

Mark :bassist:
  10. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON has them on the website. Priced in those conveniently small Canadian $ I think. Not sure if available yet.
  11. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    I’m from italy too.

I have checked all the Markbass line and I personally own and use a Little Mark head with a traveler 102 cab. Solid state clean tone with a lot of punch. Markbass was a pioneering company in using Neodymium woofer and their cabinets are really light.

I am totally satisfied by the sound, power and transportability of my little rig. Sound wise i think to it as a less aggressive and more rounded gallien krueger classic sound. But keep in my that this is a truly personal idea. Less bite, more fullness. Here in italy prices are really low.

Hope to see some comments from usa players when Markbass will be avaialble. Their actual website is

Check this thread of mine too:

For further questions, just ask!
  12. I did order one of the Little Mark bass head and it has arrived.

Right out of the box the bright yellow amp looks cool and I imediately noticed its light weight and compact size. The knobs are sturdy and the amp feels solid.

I plugged it into the following cabinets for a sound test:
    a Glockenklang Tedd cabinet, an Epifani single 12, and a BagEnd 2x10 deep red series cab.

I used a Rob Allen bass and a BassLab Soul bass with each of the amp/cabinet configurations.

I was imediately impressed with its tone ad how quiet the amp is.
    This amp is colorless in its sound. It does not have that signature sound you woould identify with certain mfg's out there.

Both basses sounded great.The natural sound of each bass shined through this amp.
    The Little Mark was able to drive each of the cabinets with headroom to spare. The highs were not brittle and the lows were focused not muddied in sound.
    The pre amp is simple to use. The center freq. cut/boost are in the right spot. The Vintage Loud Speaker Emulator filter really works to warm up your intruments. I was able to dail in a brighter or darker texture to each of the basses without changing the sound of the instruments. On the Rob Allen bass it brought out its acoustical nature.

Its portability and power make this amp user friendly when your needing to travel light to a gig.
    I will make a report on the head after a live session.
    So far the head has delivered everything it has promised.
  13. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    ha ha ha

He said queer.
  14. maxbass

May 22, 2002
    Milano Italy

Markbass makes great stuff!
    You'll be pleased

ps I'm Italian but i don't use Markbass neither I'm involved with them
  15. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    that's great mark.

i am really happy you like your new head. it has even your name on!