Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone use the Odyssey Rack Bag? Or Similar?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by orskard, Feb 27, 2005.

1. orskard

orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Indiana
    Im looking at getting a rack bag, i would get the 16" Odyssey 4 Space rack bag. here is a link.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/804698/

i was wondering if anyone has used it or anything similar. its the only case i can find that is 16" deep. My power amp is a PLX 1202 so i need at least 14, but that is too close for me, i think. because the QSC's have the big handels on the front.

If anyone has better bags, please let me know. I know some people use the protec bag.

2. I have a three space 12" deep Ody bag for my WWU and Tuner. Love it. The carpeted box comes right out of the bag for a neat alternative thing too. The only thing I don't like is the straps are not carried from the side and the soft bottom will sit on the ground or floor. They should have mounted the carrying straps on one of the sides. Great product so far.

3. orskard

orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Indiana

I noticed that.

Where you from in Indiana. Im also a NW-er.

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i love the odyssey bags. IMHO, its much lighter than both the protec or the rock bag, both of which i used to own.

also, i like how the bag slides off the odyssey for a sleek look.

5. orskard

orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Indiana
    yah, i think thats what im gunna go for.

Since i just use my rack for "around town" use. i dont go on tour and i load my own stuff out of my car. So i figured a full on SKB would be over kill.

How is the material it is made out of though?
    Tough? Kinda Tough?