1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone use the Weather Channel as a jam tool?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by FreaqyFrequency, Oct 4, 2008.

1. I was channel surfing earlier today, the WC had a song playing that I thought was kinda groovy.

I stayed on it for a bit, and a thought occurred to me: since all of their music is original, instrumental and some of it rather complex, it wouldn't make a bad place to develop some improv skills!

Anyone ever tried this? I'm about to now.

2. Had enough about an hour ago.

That was seriously fun though! I think I may incorporate that into my practice from now on.

3. I wanna watch the WC

4. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Just tune in to any smooth jazz radio station.

5. +1, you only get the smooth jazz on Local Weather on the 8's which lasts about two minutes. That would get you about 20 minutes of playing time an hour

6. Something I should really do.

7. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    I jam to www.pandora.com. Program a few stations, select Quickmix, and you get to jam to all kinds of styles. Lots of fun.

8. Pandora's awesome! Haven't used my account for a while though, I should pop it up again. :)

9. kangia

kangia

Aug 10, 2008
    Hail Pandora!