1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone use Traynor TC112 Cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Spin Doctor, Jul 31, 2012.

1. gettin' pretty sick of luggin heavy stuff around. Thinking of picking up a pair of the TC112's by Traynor. They only weigh about 25 lbs, which is the same weight as the new GB Shuttle 12" cabs. But the GB stuff cost about $650 (or more) for a 1x12. Too rich for my blood just to kick around playin local gigs.

Thanks in advance.

2. I friend of mine plays a pair of them in a loud Rock/Alt cover group. They sound good with a very good attack. He runs his with a GK MB500 and they're plenty loud. I'd say they lean more to the loud mid present sound over a fat and thick tone but that may be his GK. He said they are simply the best at the end of the gig though when he's all tired. He was my backup player and at the time I was still hauling my 98 lb Eden D410XLT from gig to gig. They seemed very attractive after I lifted them up and sat in for a couple of tunes.

3. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon. Supporting Member

The bass player in the band that opened for me at a gig earlier in the month used two of the TC112's and it actually sounded amazing. He was using a recent Fender American Standard Jazz and an Ampeg SVT7-Pro. I really loved his tone and I don't get that impressed generally.

Outdoor gig 300-400 people and he DI-ed to a powered sub and stage monitors only. Lots of volume from those little guys!

4. Scott McC

Scott McC

May 13, 2006
    Toronto
    I've gigged with a rented one before. It was great. Loud, light and sounded like what i was running into it. All the stuff Traynor has put out recently is great. Cheap, solid, loud, light(ish), and sounds nice.

5. Cool thanks for the info, guys