Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone used a Bass Pod XT Live, Live?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BrentSimons, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Morning All,
    I was wonderinfg if any of you had impressions on the Bpod Live actually using it in a live gig situation? I have one, but I'm debating wether or not to just upgrade my "real" amp setup instead of modeling. I would apreciate opinions on the the other Bass Pods live as well.
    B:)

2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    A local bass player (and friend of mine) uses one as his main preamp in a live setting. He doesn't have the Pod Live, just the regular Pod XT, which he controls with a Line 6 pedal board.

He probably has about the best live tone I have heard, but it took him A LOT of tweaking to get his sound. He swears by the setup, but like I said, he spent a ton of time with it getting it set the way he wanted it. But it was worthwhile in the end, as it sounds absolutely killer.

I would have a Pod XT Live right now, but I am just afraid I would get tired of the knob twiddling and give up before I got it the way I wanted it. I am still considering one, but am too unsure of my patience to lay down the cash right now.

3. inapinch

inapinch

Jan 29, 2006
    Stroudsburg, Pa
    HAd one for about a month..Semed I only used around 6 sounds and the rest was going to waste. Found too big on stage as a lot of places I played were smaller.

Sold off the XT Live and put my money into a GK 1001RB head. Maybe its just me but find a lot of the effects from pedals etc tend to get lost when the band is playing. By myself they sound great but with the band they seem to blend in.

Who knows maybe go back to a XT Live but when I want effects I use a Digitech BP 8 Bass Processor. Has a tube per amp is smaller and provides me with wht I need for my sound.
    Hope this helps.:bassist:

4. S Lewis

S Lewis

May 23, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    so, is it possible to use the XT Live directly into a poweramp?

i really dig the sounds of the XTL, so using another preamp with it would be redundant for me.

5. Yes you can go directly into a power amp with any of the Pods actually. I just can't bring myself to just buy a power amp you know? I usually just go into the effects return of a bass amp.
    B

6. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    I tried one in Sam ash this past saturday, and the array of tones seem to be a nice thing, but like previous post my concern was how well it would do in the mix without going thru the house, and I'm not sure if it has the wattage to do this on its own.......... I kinda on the fence about it.....:meh: