Anyone used a Hartke 2115 combo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wibbley, Sep 18, 2002.

1. Wibbley

Jul 17, 2002
    Banjo City
    Hi there.

As the header says, I wondered if anyone could give an opinion of the Hartke 2115 200w 1x15 combo. I need a better system for small-to-medium pubs and clubs, and on the face of it this seems to be just the ticket, BUT... on delving around on the web I've found a few user reviews that aren't too complimentary about the reliability of the speaker.

Any advice, or perhapos alternatives I should be considering?

Thanks a lot!

2. Guy:
    well i can comment on my speaker setup I have a 1x15XL and 1-2X10XL cab had them since 92. I had no problem for 8yrs. Then i blew one (may2000) of the 10" speakers. I bought a Hartke speaker on EBAY and replaced it.
    My 1X15 is still going strong.

W/ that said if youre doing med club consider a 4X10XL (or the 4.5Xl) instead, it will be heavier but you'll prolly enjoy the tone more. The 10's respond quicker and move more air than a single 1X15. While i dig the sound of both the 1X15 and 2-10s together. If I just play the 2x10s i like the sound better than the 1-15. IMO w/ the aluminium speakers you have a unique tone, I find them less intense in deep low mids and thick bottom. I describe the tone as warm punchy and tight. For me this is perfect and I've really like how the Hartke tone cuts thru the band.
    But you need to consider if you want the sound of paper vs alum. SWR has the working man series, you might consider EDEN cabs as well
  3. dfry1212

Jan 24, 2013
    I had one for a while that I used with my Fender Jazz. It had an excellent sound. The controls and settings allow you to get a broad range of sounds. And man does it fill up an arena! Highly recommend it. Only con is its weight!
  4. 12 year old zombie thread.............

Would hope the OP has made a decision by now.
  5. Lol...

How does this happen ?
    I've been bitt by a zombie thread more than once (shame), but I never resurrected one.