Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone used pedulla strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by ryla, Oct 5, 2004.

1. ryla

ryla

Jun 17, 2004
    auckland new zealand
    i need to try a new set of strings, i play finger style on a pre ernie ball stingray play covers at work and jazz on the side, just had a bad time with ghs progressives, how are pedulla strings, im keen on getting a thunderbass sometime.

2. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    Very good 5-string set.
    I think I had there nickel strings.
    Well balanced, even, strong sounding.

3. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    +1. They actually "make" both nickel as well as steel strings. I have a set on my six-string that still have a touch of zing and brightness... 4 years after the fact. :rollno: (What can I say, I've moved away from the six in that time)

Comparatively expensive compared to the competition if I recall, but IMO worth it. I'd purchase again if I hadn't just stocked up on discontinued Prisms, which are very close in tone - a touch more "raw", the Pedullas are more refined for steels.

4. If anyone uses them, I'd like to know myself a bit more about them if you have aything to say...

5. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    I played a set of the 45-105-128 steels. They were pretty much the same thing as the Labella Hard Rockin' Steels with the improvement of tapers on the E, A, and D. Nice set of strings. The the 128 taper from Labella is the best in the business in my experience. I may have to give there nickels a shot.

6. wsomar

wsomar

May 25, 2011
    Indiana
    The tapered La Bella strings are the Super Steps.