Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone used the Metro w/ upright?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by DrGroove, Jul 10, 2002.

1. DrGroove

DrGroove

Jun 8, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hi all,

Been toying w/ the idea of picking up the Eden Metro 2x10 - I play both 5-string electric and upright, so I'm looking for a decent amp that can handle both.

Here's the catch - I work for a music company, so I can score certain amps @ cost... Eden, Hartke, Fender, and thats about it.

So, while I believe that there are a ton of better options out there for 'doublers', I'm trying to get the most amp for my dollar, and that means getting hooked up at cost.

Your advice is really appreciated... thanks! :D

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I've never played one myself, but I knew a guy once who used one for upright. It sounded like @$$, but the import of this assessment is highly colored by the fact that the guy playing it sounded like @$$ before he ever plugged in....perhaps this makes the Metro a highly "accurate" setup?

3. DrGroove

DrGroove

Jun 8, 2000
    Austin, TX
    lol...

Right on. Well, I don't sound like @#%$, so maybe I'll be OK w/ the metro... :D

4. bdeaux

bdeaux Bass, the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2002
    Salt Lake City based
    Branden Campbell
    One of the benefits of using a Metro is having 2 channels to dial in. 1 for DB and 2 for BG. That way if your switching during a gig you want have to fiddle with your EQ. For 2x10 combos I feel the Metro is the best around right now, simply for the variety between channels and the power available.