1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone used the TC Electronic G-System with bass.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 6stringbassist, Mar 24, 2009.

1. 6stringbassist

6stringbassist

Jul 9, 2007
    UK.
    http://www.tcelectronic.com/G-System.asp

I'm after a floor mount effects unit, I'm not interested in amp simulation or anything, just effects and mainly reverb and modulation.

Any using the G-system with bass?.

2. Ebelow

Ebelow

Jul 27, 2008
    Campbell, CA
    Yes, anybody used it or use it? I am interested to, looks like that is a very flexible gear, rack in- rack out- rockin'. :hyper:

3. AndyLES

AndyLES

Aug 25, 2008
    New York
    On the Hugeracksinc.com board, a lot of guitar players bought them. A few kept them, but most seemed disappointed. The cool things now are the Line 6 M13, the TC Nova system, and the Fractal Audio Axe-FX (which costs lots of $$$ but sounds great and pretty much does everything).

4. 6stringbassist

6stringbassist

Jul 9, 2007
    UK.
    The Nova system looks good, it's cheaper new than the G-system is used.

5. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    G system is great if you have other gear to run through and work like a loop unit.

6. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    I've heard the nova system has a little trouble with the low end sometimes, like the tuner not tracking that well, and compressor rolling off the lows.

You may want to look at the Rocktron Utopia series, these seem to do what you're after.

7. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    Any more word about the Nova? Looks like a great piece of gear.