Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone using a Bag End 14 with an Epifani 2X10?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JPJ, Jun 1, 2002.

1. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Silly question....just wondering if these actually stack well (Epi on top) since there is a 1/2" difference between the width of the two cabs. Oh, and if you have a spare minute, a few comments about the tone and performance of this mix would be nice too!:D

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Do you have either cab right now? I'd be happy to help with one of my Bags if you have the Epi already...

3. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks HD, but not yet. I've played through a 2X10 Epifani recently at LAG (when I was trying out the new Accugroove stuff), and made a trip to the Bag End factory last summer to try out some of their stuff. I'm looking for a highly-portable rig that would be good for finger-style playing. I'm thinking that 2 Bag End 15s powered by one side of a Stewart 2.1 and a 2X10 Epi powered by the other side would be the way to go (decent tone, good for my style, mix of modern & vitage, and easy to move around), but I was just curious to see if anyone has a similar rig. By the way, let us know what you think of your NEW 2X15 set-up!!!

4. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Sweet so far - lemme know if you want to demo it. I don't think you live too far, and they're easy enough for me to transport!

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Epi's!

Man...I just gotta come in an say those Epifani cabs are nuts! Far and away my favorite 2x10, and maybe 4x10 if I could get ahold of one...

That's all...

6. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for the offer to demo...I just might take you up on that! I think Sean at Make 'N Music is sick of moving cabs into the demo room for me! :p I'll let you know if/when I'm ready to check out that pumpin stack of BE you've got now. I'm pretty well positioned at Milwaukee and Lake Cook, but can get just about anywhere when it comes to playing great bass equipment!!!

7. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Trust me, it's easier for me to come to you! Our house is very small and tight...

I'm not far from you at all - I'm just east of Elgin, near IL 59 and Golf Rd.