1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone using a GB Neo-Pack in a rack?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kesslari, Feb 23, 2008.

1. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Getting my Neo-Pak soon. It's so little and the bag is cool.
    But I'm wondering about using it with a rack tuner, and it seems to defeat one of the cool features of a super light amp to either stick it into a rack, or to schlepp a second box...

Do any of you guys use a rack? Or are you mostly "bag it" kind of neo-pakkers?

2. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    I never use a rack with mine. The only time I considered racking it was when I was thinking about getting a 4-space rack bag and a QSC PLX1804, and using the NeoPak as a preamp ... still might do that someday, who knows. But ... on its own, I'd never rack the NeoPak. As for tuners, I just use the Boss pedal. Works great, small, and mutes the signal when tuning. I know it's a different deal than a rack tuner, though ... not trying to talk you into using a pedal.

Hope you like the NeoPak! I do like mine, for sure.

Oh, and since you're the Groovin' Eskrimador, I thought I'd mention that I've trained some Doce Pares and Modern Arnis (Remy Presas' style). It's been a while ... but I do love the sticks + blades.

Cheers

3. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones

Very cool. GM Canete (Cacoy) spends his summers in the US, with San Jose (nearby to me) as his base, so I've had the privilege to train with him several times.
    [​IMG]

I'm soooo looking forward to my neo!

4. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    Awesome pic! Yep, I was wondering if you might have gotten to train with him. I never did, unfortunately. But I love Doce Pares. My instructor when I was in Seattle stopped teaching, and just started training extensively in internal Chinese arts instead, which is when I found the school where I trained in Modern Arnis, among other stuff. I never clicked with it like I did Doce Pares though. Wouldn't mind training in it again if I ever get the time.

Oh ... ummm .... Yay, NeoPak!!! To get back on topic ... ;)

Cheers