Anyone using a JHS Angry Charlie (v2) for bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bob_Ross, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Someone just gifted me a JHS Angry Charlie v2 pedal. I'd never even heard of this company before, although in doing some quick research I found out that a guitarist I play with every single week has two of their pedals, so clearly I'm not that observant. From the youtube videos I checked out I heard a lot of guitarists using the Angry Charlie to emulate a mid-80s Marshall amp. That will certainly come in handy for the times when I play guitar -- which are increasingly rare, it would seem -- but I'm wondering if I should bother with it in my bass pedalboard?

Right now my fuzz/distortion/overdrive flavors are supplied by a Damnation Audio MBD-1 and an Ibanez TS-9. (I've also got a ProCo Rat, a Sansamp GT-2, and the screaming multi-octave caterwaul of the old original Electro-Harmonix Talking Pedal available as additional flavors, but they live in a closet in the recording studio, aren't part of the daily pedalboard.)

Anyhow, I suppose I'll give it a listen soon enough, but just wondering if anyone else has found a use for this on bass, and if so what are its strengths? Thanks.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021