Anyone using a JHS Angry Charlie (v2) for bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bob_Ross, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Someone just gifted me a JHS Angry Charlie v2 pedal. I'd never even heard of this company before, although in doing some quick research I found out that a guitarist I play with every single week has two of their pedals, so clearly I'm not that observant. From the youtube videos I checked out I heard a lot of guitarists using the Angry Charlie to emulate a mid-80s Marshall amp. That will certainly come in handy for the times when I play guitar -- which are increasingly rare, it would seem -- but I'm wondering if I should bother with it in my bass pedalboard?

Right now my fuzz/distortion/overdrive flavors are supplied by a Damnation Audio MBD-1 and an Ibanez TS-9. (I've also got a ProCo Rat, a Sansamp GT-2, and the screaming multi-octave caterwaul of the old original Electro-Harmonix Talking Pedal available as additional flavors, but they live in a closet in the recording studio, aren't part of the daily pedalboard.)

Anyhow, I suppose I'll give it a listen soon enough, but just wondering if anyone else has found a use for this on bass, and if so what are its strengths? Thanks.