Anyone using a Markbass F500 yet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by B String, Aug 22, 2009.

1. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Even though they've only been out a few weeks, I figure
    some of you TB guys might be using one of the new F500's.
    Any opinions yet??

2. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I think KJung has one.
    If you like the F1, I'd expect you'd like the F500 if the added eq makes life better for you.

3. DB5

DB5

Jul 3, 2001
    Austin Texas
    I'm looking to pick one up, did not know they were available yet.

G.C site indicates 9-8 availability.

4. Boombass76

Boombass76 Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Denmark
    BassCollect Blog & Shop (founder)
    Hi,

I actually got the F500 almost a year ago (November 2008), and to make it short, it sounds and performs great.

It may be small, but it sounds huge and is really loud - even with a single 8 ohm Epifani UL410 (S1) cab. For even more power, I sometimes add an additional Aguilar GS112 (8 ohm) on top. You can see pics here: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489946

I have tried the rig with a few different basses, and the one that make the best match is probably my Celinder J-Update 5. I also tried using an Atelier Z 5-string, but somehow it didn't sound as punchy. However, it also sounds absolutely amazing using old Fenders (P78 and J72). :bassist:

At one gig, I actually brought along the rig mentioned above PLUS a 4x12" Aguilar cab (GS412), so I could try one set using the GS412 and the other using the UL410/GS112 combo. Of course, they didn't sound similar, but both rigs were amazing! In the end, I decided to let the GS412 go as the UL410 is much more handy and then I can still add the GS112 if needed :)

In fact, I needed a new amp last Summer, but I decided to wait for the F500 as I had tried the F1 and liked it a lot. However, I found that the mids were not flexible enough to cope with my upright (it needs a lot of help!), but the F500 handles this perfectly as well.

Finally, I just LOVE that fact that I can fit this amp, quite a lot of cables, and a tuner in a very small laptop softbag... :hyper:

5. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    That's exactly what I use for my F1, and everything else I need, except for my bass, stand and cab! :)

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021