Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone using a Peavey BAM 210 with PV Pro 115 Cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wardak, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Is this a worthwhile combo? Starting to shop for a decent rig and I'm thinking that a 2x10 combo, maybe with a 1x15 extension cab. Haven't seen much on the Pro 115 cab--good, bad or otherwise

2. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    its a sweet combo, ive played it, but i dont think i'd shell out the bucks for it. its got more features than you can shake a stick at.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I am waiting for the BAM that I ordered to come in. I haven't seen the Pro 115 cab in person. I am planning on adding the Pro 210 cab to mine.

4. Emb, I know you play a 6-string PV--think the BAM takes care of all the lows? Enough so that the extra 2x10 is the right match?

I'm seriously looking at the Peavey stuff, the great support I've gotten from them on my bass alone demands that.

5. embellisher

That is the primary reason I am getting the BAM. Compact, loud, and handles the low B extremely well.

I just heard from Murphy's Music.:D My BAM is here. Going to get it in an hour, and rehearsal is after that.

I AM PUMPED!:D:D:D

6. Nice! I bet you are. That feeling as you are about to receive some bass gear that you've been waiting for, yeah! Share the indepth review when you can!

7. embellisher

Look for an in depth review in a few days, after I learn how everything works.:)

8. embellisher

Any idea what the impedance of the Pro 115 is? It is not listed on the Peavey website.

The reason that I am interested in the Pro 210 is because it is 4 ohms, which coupled with the 4 ohm rating that the BAM's internal drivers have, give you a 2 ohm load. This will allow the BAM to put out the full 500 watts.

9. I wonder the same thing. I called peavey and asked about some other things about the 115, but I forgot to ask about the ohms. I would guess that since so many other peavey speakers come in 4-ohms that you can probably get the pro 115 at 4-ohms as well.

What they did tell me was that the 115 is rated 30-15kHz at 96 SPL, while the combo itself is rated 40-15kHz at 103 SPL. The SPL difference seems pretty big, but I don't think those numbers are all that informative. Someone they call "AJ" said he thinks it's a perfect match for the combo actually. I know some cabs don't sound like they should until you push them with enough watts (I wasn't sure that 250 watts from the combo going to a 500-watt cab was going to get the cab "into the zone"), but "AJ" says it's a pretty efficient cab and that it's well matched to the BAM.

I called around the local area to see if anybody had these items in stock, and the best I did was a Pro 210 cab with a BAM head, no 115 Pro. Of course everyone is willing to order one but that's with the pretense that you are definitely going to buy it, not just try it and *maybe* buy it. I'm not sure what I'm going to do next to get a listen to the whole thing all together first. There has to be someone out there already doing this...

10. Roger is always extremely helpful with Peavey gear, I appreciate that!

Hi,

The Pro 115 is an 8 ohm enclosure. For that reason I don't think I would recommend it for use with a Bam 210. Used with the combo the 115 would only see about 150 watts or so, and that really wouldn't get the best of that enclosure in my opinion. There may or may not be a 4 ohm version of the Pro 115 in the future, that has yet to be determined. We are looking a several new enclosures in the Pro series line, but nothing has been decided yet.

In my opinion, the best enclosures for use with the Bam 210 combo would be the 4 ohm Pro 410, or Pro 210. You could also use the 4 ohm version of the 115 BVX, but it doesn't really match cosmetically.

I hope this helps. I don't get over to Talkbass these days, as much as I would like to. Time just doesn't permit it. I will try to stop in as soon as I get a chance.

Thank You
    Roger Crimm
    Regional Service Manager
    Peavey Electronics
    rcrimm@peavey.com

11. Just wanted to say I've had a very similar setup with the peavey 2x10, and 1x15, and you shant be dissapointed, especially with the volume. It's wicked loud, and you can really push it, because of the DDT built in limiter. Peavey is really very reliable, and should handle the lows very well. It did it for me for years.

Good Luck!