Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone using Band In A Box?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by bigpoiboy, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Hi,
    Just wondering what anyone's experience with the software program Band In A Box is...I'm thinking it would be a great practice tool, but I'm curious to hear what the pros and cons are...

Mahalo,
    Nate :meh:

2. orlfl

orlfl

Jul 22, 2005
    Orlando
    It is great... I have all of the real book tunes in BiaB format. Great practice tool.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    It's great, I use it along with the Real Book tunes as well to get my improv chops up. My walking pretty much sucks right now but it gets better all the time with BIAB. Just turn off the bassline and walk away :)

4. Thanks for all the replies...I'll probably order it this week...are any of the "add-on" extras worth getting?

Mahalo,
    Nate

5. orlfl

orlfl

Jul 22, 2005
    Orlando
    Download the trial version and try it out for free. It is limited somewhat, but will open and play any BiaB files. You can google and find some real book stuff and try it out for yourself.

The addons depend on how you want to use it. Some are cool for composition assistance, and the soloist stuff is cool if you plan on analyzing what it comes up with. Most I just use it for the changes.

6. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I had BiaB on my computer, but I didn't under stand it (there are too many buttons). But my bandmates told me that I should use it for practice. So I tried it, and I find it very useful. It's not hard at all. I was intimidated by all those buttons. Where can I find realbook standards?

7. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    Is it like guitar pro?

8. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Nevermind, I found one. Wow. Amazing.:eek: