Anyone using Divided By Thirteen TBL200?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by amper, Mar 2, 2006.

1. amper

Dec 4, 2002
    I just found out about this amp, and I'm wondering how it compares to my Trace Elliot V-Type.
  2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Based on my experiences with /13 guitar amps and experiences of people whose opinions I trust very much , you'll be much happier with the reliability of the Trace. Should anything happen with the amp, it would be much easier getting the Trace serviced by any competent tech locally than dealing with the guy from /13, from what I understand.
  3. ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    I didn't know that Divided by 13 made bass amps. I know they make top end and supposed great sounding guitar amps (read expensive as well).

From doing a little research, website's description of the head, here, makes the head sound like they were trying to improve on the classic Ampeg sound.

I bet whoever owns one of these waited quite a while, since I beleive Fred is pretty backed up, and shelled out some serious $$$.
  4. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

I would love more details about this amp and how it performs in the real world.
  5. albass111

albass111 Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Fred is really good about customer service so whoever told you about headaches must not be trying to speak with him directly.(You can call his shop.) He is small though, just like any other boutique. Everyone I know playing his guitar amps call it the holy grail and that's with a lot more competition. Remember this amp has got to be extremely expensive. Hopefully Bowlus will pick this one up and give a side by side comparison to the Sadowsky.
  6. main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    Well, I think this is a big step in the right direction. Competiton is a good thing.
  7. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    How did you know I was lurking on this thread? :ninja: :D