1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone Using Fender Pro Series Cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by srxplayer, Apr 3, 2006.

1. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I have not heard much about these in the forums. I did a search a found a few threads about Bassman and Pro Series Heads but nothing on the cabs.

Just wondering about the cabs, how they sound, and how they are constructed. I have never seen one in person.

2. Amok

Amok

Dec 5, 2009
    They are excellent but no one wants to come out and say it!

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Fender's pro bass gear is about the best they've ever done, but I suspect they were too late to the game, hence, not many users. Still, it's top notch gear.

4. A guy in my town has the 2x10 & the 115 PRO series cabs- Loves 'em & they sound great!!! One hire Co. here has an 810 PRO & that seems to be great too.

My 2c

5. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    I do have both the 810-Pro and the 215-Pro. They more expensive than say my Ampegs but they are tanks. The fact they are constructed with front metal grills makes a big difference. They are in the price range of Genz Benz and other top cab makers. I would check them out if you can find a music store that carries them.:cool:

6. chiplexic

chiplexic

Apr 21, 2004
    Massachusetts
    That's the hard part. I've never seen one in all the stores I've ever been in.

7. Growly Lytes

Growly Lytes

Dec 4, 2009
    Downunder Oz
    Bass player
    Forsure they are solid cabs & there amps in TB series have a very nice sound & have about as much power as one would need for a gig with a bit of help by the p.a.I had the TB-600 & sold it only because it didnt give me the power i needed so it went.For sound it rocks them amps have the most warm sound its freakin awesome.My cabs are very power hungry so the TB couldnt handle it under extreme contions.
    Fender cabs are solid.

8. When I saw Cage the Elephant at my school, the bassist was using one of these heads and the 810 PRO cab. I was surprisingly disappointed with the sound. I think he was on a Jazz or a Precision.

9. Got the 215 PRO and absolutely love it!

IMG_5465s.

10. Growly Lytes

Growly Lytes

Dec 4, 2009
    Downunder Oz
    Bass player
    That amp is medioka at best.Its for begginers but that cab is great.Its possible to get a bad sound out of Fender products yes possible..

11. I had a 410 Pro. Great cab. I miss it.

I currently have a 400 Pro 210 Combo with the built-in Korg rack tuner.

Its currently for sale. Just too damn heavy