Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone using in ears?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by timre, Dec 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timre

timre

Jul 9, 2001
    Vancouver, BC
    Monitors that is...
    I am scoping out the field on these for my band and since I'm the bass player, I will probably have the most demanding needs out of these puppys. Any thoughts/experiences with the Shure stuff? Is the E1 a good enough monitor or do you need a dual driver. Apparently some bass players actually like the single driver more than the dual driver monitors even though the dual drivers are supposed to have better bass extension.
    Has anyone tried the difference between the foam inserts or the custom molded ones. Does the foam provide enough isolation from those dasterdly drums!
    What about ultimate ears? I see that in Canada, a set of custom made UE-5 Pro's are $1200.00! That is just the earpieces! Are they that much better than the shure earpieces which cost a couple hundred. I know that a lot of the top acts are using the Ultimate Ears (Barenaked Ladies, Seal Eagles) but what about for an original Christian band that plays mostly in halls, has a drummer, no electric guitar and just acoustic instruments (mic'd) along with a bass player who's thinking about just goig direct out of a pod into the house (no rig!!!).
    Am I being WAY to optomistic? Are these not the droids I am looking for?

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Dude double posting is not cool.

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.