1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone using Midi to control their Moog's

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Andy westwood, Feb 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Andy westwood

Andy westwood

Nov 30, 2014
    PedalBoard Solutions
    have a controller coming in that will be able to send cc commands to my gear now im hoping to send signals to my Strymon timeline and then on to the my clusterflux,

cant find a single video on how to set up the moog, ie can i just set the moog save the setting with the midi controller and then go to another preset and change setting on the moog and save, and then the same again etc?

on the moog site it gives a number for the cc's etc but no video.

Andy

2. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    Interesting question. Subscribed.

3. Andy westwood

Andy westwood

Nov 30, 2014
    PedalBoard Solutions
    Anyone?

4. PestoChengo

PestoChengo

Mar 10, 2015
    No direct experience, but looking over the manual it looks like it's midi in only. Basically you need to do the reverse of what you said. You can send from the controller to the pedal, but you can't save your pedal settings onto the controller. Also, when you change settings over cc, you are overriding the knobs on the pedal. If you adjust a pedal knob, that knob value takes over again.

You would need to set and save the settings on the controller side. Might be a little trial and error to replicate the settings you want. The Strymon has midi in and midi out, so it should be able to do what you were describing.

5. Andy westwood

Andy westwood

Nov 30, 2014
    PedalBoard Solutions
    have tried to get an answer on this from moog and just sadly got sent the manual which i have.......

the rig is starting to take shape, in a plan if not actual having yet bar my timeline. it will be midi out from a buzz electronics controller to my timeline then into my Big Sky and then into my Clusterflux.

programming the moog for midi changes will be really tedious if i have to guess values for everything.

Andy