1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone using the Aguilar Tone Hammer on *guitar*?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by topo morto, Oct 30, 2010.

1. topo morto

topo morto

Mar 22, 2010
    Lloegyr
    I've been enjoying playing my guitar (as in, 6 string, not bass!) through the Tone Hammer's AGS system. It really seems to give quite an amp-like effect - not quite like a sansamp, maybe, but pleasing nonetheless.

Anyone know more about what 'Adaptive Gain Shaping' is supposed to do? Is it supposed to be like an amp sim? It sounds halfway like it, to me...

2. P-oddz

P-oddz Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Don't quote me on this, but I believe the AGS is meant to simulate a tube breakup. In lower settings it adds a tube saturated type warmth - the higher you go, the more tube saturation/distortion you get.

3. topo morto

topo morto

Mar 22, 2010
    Lloegyr
    would make sense - it seems to have a similar basic response to the sansamp, although I guess the sansamp includes speaker simulation as well so it gives you more of the mic'ed up effect.