1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone using the EBS Multidrive?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BrentSimons, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Hi Guys,
    Are any of using this pedal? I would love to her some clips other than the EBS website. How is the bass loss without having a blend knob?
    Thanks,
    Brent

2. sikamikanico

sikamikanico

Mar 17, 2004
    well, it was designed for bass, so I guess it keeps the low end... It's been a while since I've tried it, but I don't recall anything unusual about it and that's exactly why I didn't like it - it was just OK :) not nearly enough for the price

I ended up with a DOD 250 for now, saving for an English Muff'n...

3. JRB

JRB Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    Well I have the pedal and I just got it about two weeks ago or so.

I get why someone would feet this way, but I actually think the pedal works perfectly for what I want. It can be very subtle and only gets really intense when you turn the overdrive up almost all the way (3/4 and above).

Compared with some of the other overdrive pedals by itself in the store or without a band it does not do anything special. But it works great with my other pedals, can really add a lot to an envilope filter or octive or other effect. And for someone that does not want the most intense overdrive in the world it has a really nice tone. Also especially in tubesim it keeps a really warm sound.

I think this is a great overdrive for the non-overdrive pedal person, if that makes sense. Some just want think it has enough crazy behind it but for me it works really well and is a lot more usable then a more extreme overdrive. Hope that helps.

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I thought the drive portion of it was really good, but it took away too much high end for my liking.

5. Hotblack

Hotblack Pay the cost to be the boss. Supporting Member

May 20, 2002
    Provided content for Genzler Amplification
    Very nice, very versatile pedal. It's definitely an overdrive and not a fuzz.

6. Rocks my socks. These samples are the MicroBass II which uses the same circuitry. I liked it so much I bought a MultiDrive as well!!!

MicroBass2
    MicroBass3

7. i got one and was a bit disappointed with it actually - esp. considering the price. it does seem to muffle ur tone a bit - and there is no tone knob to compensate for this.

when i played thru a big PA i noticed a pretty substantial low end drop out. i was using the Tube setting.

also i found the volume sweep to be pretty intense. i spent a lot of time trying to get my level right.

what i did like about it was that it was quiet and had a very small footprint and was well laid out.

i still have it but use it in only the effects loop of my Qtron now. i've gone back to my fulltone bassdrive as my OD.

8. kirkm24

kirkm24

Jan 1, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    I bought this pedal a few months back and thought it sounded pretty good. I thought it was a little overpriced for what you got though. I also tried the Valvedrive which is about $100 more and uses real tubes. It sounded nice but again, very pricey for what it was. Many people on here are big on the Fulltone Bass Drive which is a little less than the multidrive and others are big on the English Muff'N which is also cheaper. I recently acquired an Ibanez Tube Screamer 9DX modified by Analogman and I have to say it is far and away the best box IMO that I have tried and I have tried all the popular boutiques mentioned here as well as some production units. FX is always personal taste though the best thing to do is buy something your interested in, make sure they have a good return policy first. Try it it on your own gear and see how it sounds maybe even rehearse with your band to see how it sounds in context. This has been the best way for me to search. There is alot of hype about different boxes on here but at the end of the day it is about what you like and only what sounds you like.

9. Thank you for all of comments Guys. I'm considering the Multi Drive or the T-Rex Bass Juice. I'm using a GK 400RBIV amp and whhile I do enjoy the overdrive I would like just a dash more fuzz.

10. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Both of those pedals are grossly overpriced IMO.

11. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Its a very good sounding overdrive with lots of bottom end. I like it better than the fulltone I had. Its the best standalone bass distortion I've had ... but what I like best of all is a RAT and a blend control (you can't use a RAT by itslef very well ... sucks too much low end out). Thats why I'm having a custom blend looper built :bassist:

12. uly_

uly_

Jul 4, 2005
    Denmark
    Holy ballony!!! Thats the best sounding OD I have heard in a long time! Total insta flash GAS attack! Think I'm gonna go to the music store tomorrow to ... check it out! ;) :D

Thanks for posting this, nifty! Nice playing aswell.

13. PBFACTOR

PBFACTOR

Dec 21, 2001
    Boise, ID
    the song "ride" on my band scribe's myspace page is an ebs multidrive. it def. stays "thick". it doesn't loose the bottom.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021