1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone using the kala sub out live?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by atracksler, Jun 21, 2014.

1. atracksler

atracksler

Oct 30, 2007
    I slipped a disk and, right now, can't really lift much more than my mandolin.... I'm currently playing a 5 string stingray, but it's way on the heavy side. I didn't know if anyone was playing a kala sub out as their main axe, and wondering how it sounded and performed.... I'm playing in a praise team at church, if that makes any difference....

Thanks in advance, ad

2. Timmy-Watts

Timmy-Watts I like bass. And airplanes. Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Not currently. But I did a lot a couple years ago. Actually it was the USA version(s). I have a handful of YouTube videos up. My user name is WatsonTBass.

3. bluesdogblues

bluesdogblues

Nov 13, 2007
    Not me, but Bakithi Kumalo does, I think.

4. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    I've used mine at a couple of gigs.
    It sounds like a giant wall of reggae.
    Seeing people go from "*** is that toy" to "woah" when I start playing never stops being funny.
    The only down side is that I have to touch up the tuning every 2 or 3 songs instead of once per set like a regular bass. And that's with a lubricated nut and strings that have stretched in for 6+ months.

5. I played a fretless hog on my worship team for awhile. Everyone loved it. Sound guy said it was his favorite bass.

6. atracksler

atracksler

Oct 30, 2007
    Have any of you tried one BEAD?