1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone using the Markbass Amp Bag?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tony G, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Just curious about who is using the Markbass Amp Bag, and what you think of it?

[​IMG]

2. XtreO

XtreO

Jan 2, 2008
    Norway
    I think it's a bag you put your amp in. It does the job like any other bag designed to carry an amp would do. But it says Markbass!

3. vision

vision It's all about the groove! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, La Bella Strings, and 64 Audio IEMs
    I was planning on ordering one for my LMII, because I like the fact that the amp can stay in the bag while using on a gig. However, the holes in the side for the vents are a deal breaker for me, in case I'm carrying it from outside in the rain (or snow here in Michigan!)

4. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I see what your saying. Makes sense.

Anybody else have any comments on this bag?

5. malpasso

malpasso

Apr 24, 2005
    I was going to get one, but at 75 Eur (the bigger one for the sa-450) looks very much like a ripoff to me
    :confused:

6. Drucocu

Drucocu

Jan 24, 2007
    I have one for sale (the big one) used it, but now I'm on rack)

PM me if you're interested (but, beware I live in switzerland)

7. Askia

Askia

Feb 24, 2006
    I have it, I have the small, which has holes only on the lower side. I like it a lot, it's what it's designed for!

8. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Anybody else?

9. DLM

DLM

May 25, 2004
    California
    The vent holes will be facing downward when wearing as a backpack or holding with the handles. Rain/snow would have to defy the laws of gravity for it to be a problem.

I like the fact that it can stay in the bag during use. The pocket is not the biggest but I can fit the power cord + 2 speaker cables in it.

My only real beef are the zippers. They aren't slippery enough.

The back flap (which contains velcro on the inside) can fold under and adhere to the cabinet carpeting. This is useful if you need to tilt your cab backward for better monitoring without the worry of having the amp slide off the cab.

Got mine for about $45 USD.

10. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Cool, thanks for posting. Did you get yours from Guitar Center?

11. DLM

DLM

May 25, 2004
    California
    Yup, yup...

12. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    That's a great price. I just called my local GC and they wanted $60 for it.

13. DLM

DLM

May 25, 2004
    California
    I believe these also are fixed price, so $60 for the small amp bag does not sound right (unless MB increased the price since Nov. '07)

PM Peter Murray to get the latest so that you're armed to talk to the guys at GC.

14. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Interesting. I pm'd Peter Murray, but can anyone else here confirm or deny this?

15. gregbackstrom

gregbackstrom Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Tacoma, Washington
    I don't know what their asking price is, but I have a small Markbass bag (LMII, etc.) I'm not using that you can have for $30 if you want it. It's brand new and works fine, but by the time it finally arrived (it took months), I had already bought a Gig Skinz small mixer bag.

16. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I'll take it! Pm coming!

17. youngs

youngs

Apr 7, 2007
    Boston MA
    Any one else still have it? I need one too for my F1!!

18. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I don't think the F1 would fit in the Markbass bags. The Small markbass bag is supposed to be a perfect fit for the LMII. The F1, being about half the size, wouldn't fit snug enough. You're probably better off using something like a Gator Small Mixer bag, or Gig Skinz Small Mixer Bag.

19. B3bopbass

B3bopbass

Apr 28, 2005
    I use a laptop bag for my F1. Very functional, well padded, and plenty of space for other things to boot.

2315361348_6c38be6962.
    2314550839_dc8de9369e.

20. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    That bag looks like a great fit for the F1! Nice! Any idea what model that Targus bag is?