Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone using USA Custom Guitars?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JPJ, Jun 9, 2002.

1. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    There were quite a few threads about these guys a few months ago, but talk seems to have slowed down as of late. I've talked to Tommy a few times about a Jazz Bass and a Les Paul that I'm thining about having built, and they seem to be doing quality work based on the comments I read at their on-line forum, but was just wondering if anyone here has used them for any projects?

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i rolled my own Jbass with his lighter than air swamp ash. the grain's gorgeous, and the finish from Roxy equally rocks. amazing product. a couple notches above Warmoth, i'd say.

i'll post up a pic of it when i find the time. i'm also having tommy make me a 5 stringer jbass soon too. cant wait!

3. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    I custom orderd my spector usa bolt on! I will send in pics soon as well!

4. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I'll be iterested to see those pics. Also, I would appreciate any comments you have on quality, fit, finish, etc. Thanks.

5. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Ohh man my spector usa is awsome! Every little detail was looked over before they shipped her to me! She playes like butter.you can deff tell that spector takes much pride in the basses they make!