Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone wanna do some Sansamp Programmable BDDI recording?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Matt Till, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Alright, I've heard the clips on Musiciansfriend, they are pretty awesome. But they go more for that bright in your face sound more than anything but that's just because that's what most modern rock bassists want.

Anyone wanna post up a recording of the BDDI used to achieve a more retro sound? I've heard that it can be done, and it can get a nice warm tube amp sound... but I'd like to hear proof with my own ears.

Examples: Stoner Rock, Geezer, John Wetton, Sunn amps?? ;)

I just need something to tide me over until I can get a real Sunn setup.

2. I'd like to hear some vintage tube sounds recreated with that Sansamp too!

3. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    +1

4. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    +1

5. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Check out the distortion mega-thread stickied on the top of the page.

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    +1! I mean... ok... I'll check it out

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Whoa whoa whoa, the distortion mega thread is like a billion pages long and I couldn't find anything. You can't shortcut through looking through every page of the thread.

Oh well

8. IcedEarthWOM

IcedEarthWOM

Oct 2, 2005
    Look for the box with the words "Search This Thread" :ninja:

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I was aware of the normal search... but not this one!!! Man... I've got like 11111111 posts on here and I don't know all the functions. :D

That should come in handy! Thanks. :oops:

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Searched the thread for sansamp... got 8 results... none of which contained sound samples.

11. IcedEarthWOM

IcedEarthWOM

Oct 2, 2005
    Try Here (Big TB Sound Sample Thread)

You may have to contact (insert name here) to edit/re-post sample locations, which shouldn't be a problem cus people here are :cool: :D

12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Right on, that clip went... but it is totally modern sounding, which is to say more clanky I suppose. I'm wondering if I can get a warm sound out of this moreso than a kick in the face sound.

13. IcedEarthWOM

IcedEarthWOM

Oct 2, 2005
    If I had one I'd whip out some samples myself, but alas, it's on the GAS list :( :crying: :bawl:

EDIT: BTW did you search specifically for the programmable one.

if so just search the thread for "SansAmp", if not see previous statement

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I searched for Sansamp and only got one result that had an audio clip... just one clip too. Everyone seems to use it for the same type of tone, that really in your face sound.

15. Can you post the link to that clip? I don't seem to find it...

Your point is true... I've never heard a warm vintagey sound of the Sansamp before.

16. Matt, go to my band page and you'll hear it alone, and in conjunction with other pedals. The SABDDI is all over the new record.

www.curtainsociety.com

17. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2466802&postcount=19

that's it right?

Hey Mon, what was your setup other than sansamp? Just curious... your tone is a little more laid back than what I want... but still it's good.

18. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    I think the sansamp tone is pretty modern sounding. It gives a nice kick to your current setup, but it has a very distinct tone...which IMO is not very vintage sounding. While it is pretty tweakable, most of the time you hear it its got that clanky midrange sound.

Personally I don't care for the OD it provides either, i used mine as a tone enhancer/preamp. But, my taste in tone has changed lately...so the sansamp and I have gone our seperate ways.

Edit: I said it before in a different thread, but for me the Fulltone Bass-Drive is where its at. Gives me nice warm, organic overdriven tube amp sound. But it doesn't give the eq flexability of the SABDDI.

19. Well, for the majority of the record, it was just a Fender P Special w/ 1/4 pounders, run thru assorted effects like overdrives, choruses, envelope follwers, into the Sansamp, then into an Aphex w/ "Big Bottom" or thru Pro Tooled DBX subharmonic type stuff.

:bassist: thing is, on the Sansamp, I tend to kep the "blend" and "presence" knobs on the lower settings, because of the exact grind I think you're looking for. (A pronounced mid bump, and more grit)

20. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

That's all I needed to hear. No sansamp for me. Considering all the clips I hear are the same, and you seem to like the "organic" sound judging by your fulltone reference... no big, I'll probably buy the Peavey T-40... of if something Sunn pops up on Ebay... or maybe I'll cruise the local music shop. Regardless... I gotsta spend money. :D