Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone wanna guess what bass this file is of?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Dodongo, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Dodongo

Dodongo

Dec 16, 2001
    California
    hey guys i made a sound file of one of my favorite basses today if you wanna hear just click on it and let me know what you think. it's a really simple line but i just wanted you guys to hear what the bass sounds like. try to guess what it is!

2. Dodongo

Dodongo

Dec 16, 2001
    California
    here's another one

3. Dodongo

Dodongo

Dec 16, 2001
    California
    bump

4. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Yeah, sounds like one of them Warwick-Fender Stingray-Sterling P/J/PJ/MM type things you know, the Ibanez Yamaha style basses with the tone controls you know they got the thing - dude I can totally picture it , but I'm drawing a blank on what the actual name of your model is...but I can hear it...oh, how I can hear it.
    :meh: :confused: :rolleyes:

:) :bassist:

5. Dodongo

Dodongo

Dec 16, 2001
    California
    thanks for the reply!

you're close. want any hints? ask me something...i dont know what kinda hint i could give without giving it away...

6. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    What did you record this on and how do you get that slap tone? DI box? Is your tone similar/same through your rig? What kind of rig do you play through? How can I get that tone when I slap?

7. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Wahahaha - with a guess like that I knew that at least part of it would be close - after givivng it some thought though, I'd say it totally sounds like '89 Charvel P and J neck through 4 string

Am i close?

8. could be pretty much any 2 pickup bass with roundwound strings.

I'm guessing active with a rosewood fingerboard.

er, DeArmond Pilot Plus?:p