Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone Want A Neon Green Violin?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I checked out the new ad at the top of the page today for the Frett Shop, and they're selling a bunch of neon green, pink, and blue violins for $20 a pop, along with mandolins and guitars for the same price. I played violin for a couple years as a really little kid, and I'd actually get one of the violins if I thought it could produce a halfway decent sound-I imagine they wouldn't though

2. yeah, i'd like to try a mandolin, although i've never had the money to get one (same with a violin i guess)...what is the frett shop?

3. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    i would loooove a neon pink violin.

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    It's an eBay store.

5. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    i checked the frett shop website, and they're selling purple green and white violins for $60 :meh:

6. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    If it were lucite, I'd probably go for it. :D

7. Are they electric violins?

If so, I know someone who would murder people for one.

8. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Where are the mandolins?

All I saw were guitars, basses, and violins. :confused:

9. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
  10. I almost want to buy that stuff just for the sake of it...worse comes to worse you can smash it onstage.

11. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Do'H they don't ship to Australia....they would be awesome!

12. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    The pink one WILL BE MINE.

Though lame, the shipping and handling is more than the violin.

13. spc

spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    How good could they be for that money? I don't understand how they could sell a violin, even a crappy violin, for such short dough...any theories?

14. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Super-mass production in Korea where there's super-cheap labor and materials, I imagine.

15. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Me wants a pink upright - to go with purple suit and leather tie for them wedding gigs...

16. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Well, even if there isnt a neon pink one, there is a hot pink one :smug:
    6 and a half hours left

17. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU

:eyebrow:
    :eek:
    I just visualized it
    :spit:

I think things like this should deserve a temporary ban, then you'll think twice about messing up my aesthetical values :scowl:

J/k :D
    But it does sound/look quite disturbing :eyebrow:

18. Ok, this may be a dumb question, but are they for left handed violinists? I noticed the chin piece is on the left side, which makes me think you would hold the bow in your left hand and and "fret" with your right.Am I right on this? It just seems that a righty would hold the bow in his/her right hand. Or is the chin piece moveable?

My 5 year old is hinting that Santa should bring her a violin for Xmas, and a hot pink one would be the ticket, but she's right handed.

Bob

19. Tim Barber

Tim Barber Commercial User

Apr 28, 2003
    Serenity Valley
    Owner: Barber Music

Nope, the chinrest always goes on the left side for a right handed player.

20. Thanks! :)

Bob