Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone want a walnut P bass?

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Steve, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    This thing had been sitting in my closet for...15 years.
    I'm never going to play it again. Someone should have it that will use it.

It's an '82 precision special in pretty darn good shape and sounds flippin' great.

I'm just never going to play a 4 string again.

Make me a reasonable offer.

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

You have a PM sir!

3. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    If anyone has any idea at all what this thing might be worth...fell free to offer some input. It's kind of an odd duck and I seem to be comming up dry on the 'net as to fair market value....last orion blue book I saw put it at oh...I think all of $75. so...we're tossing that one out.

4. You're looking at around $1200 for a Walnut P Special. Lovely basses - I wish I'd never sold mine. :crying:

5. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    I'll give you $80. :)

6. Pics?

7. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    It seems...that the 2003 edition of the vintage guitar buyers guide has these things at $950-$1150 it's got the case..the thumb rest which has never been intstalled...some extra gold screws in case you do...and the original tuning key which is now replaced buy a gold hipshot Dtuner which you can also have with it.

and 3 case keys. The manual is around this house......someplace...I think.. don't count on that.

[​IMG]

8. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    and as an extra bonus....
    everyone that has enquired just moved up a notch on the list thanks to an "I'll do you a favor and give you $150" offer

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    No, but I've been looking for a P-nut Wal Bass.

10. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    The blue book value notwithstanding, I've seen these on Ebay for upwards of $1400 in so-so condition. Might be worth getting an appraisal from a reputable dealer of vintage instruments. Make sure you get full value for this!

11. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    PM sent...I just sold me recently... GREAT BASS!

12. :eek: WOW, that is a sweet bass!!!

13. whats the third knob and the switch for?

14. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Controls sex appeal. Boost only.