Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ANYONE WANT A ZETA BASS?

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by punkbassist, Dec 28, 2001.

1. punkbassist

punkbassist Guest

Dec 3, 2001
    New Jersey
    at my store about 13 years ago, the owner had brought in a zeta 4 string bass. It still has been sitting on the wall mount rack for 13 years. Every 4 months i go over and blow the dust off it. It is going for the price of 499. anyone want the piece of junk. I was 3 when they brought it in. I have been working there for 2 years now i just turned 16 in August. It has pickups in the bridge , not on the body. so....

DOES ANYONE WANT IT

2. Thanks for the offer, but, the only Zeta I want has Catherine in front, and Jones in back. :D

Can you send her to me by express mail? Don't forget to cut air holes in the box!

I know, but, it's Friday evening.

Mike J.

3. punkbassist

punkbassist Guest

Dec 3, 2001
    New Jersey
    you see im not the head of sales at my store. im just a salesman. If i did that i would need to ask the sales manager first. If did it w/o asking him i would fired probably

4. You should probally at least post some more info.
    I.e. Number of strings
    Model

5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Well, that is the place for this thread. I am moving it there, if you don't want it there, you can edit/delete it as you see necessary. (and you don't have to TELL the sales manager, do ya?:D )

6. i might be interested any pics?

7. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    So what ?? is it free?? I will send shipping costs immediatly. YOU got give a more info!!!!

8. LWatford

LWatford

Jul 28, 2001
    Helena, AL
    Is it one of the upright-style basses, or one of the Crossover electric bass styles? I might be very interested in one of these.

9. Bassstud1

Bassstud1 Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2001
    LaPorte Indiana USA
    If this is a stand up style I'm very interested for that price.

10. i_meself

i_meself

Dec 29, 2001
    Hello,

I am interested. You can send me more info, or contact(store) info to i_meself@yahoo.com when you get the time. Thanks punkbassist

Todd

11. i_meself

i_meself

Dec 29, 2001
    OK, that looks funky. The mail address is i_meself@yahoo dot com. The hyperlink made the underscore look like a space.

12. beachgeddy

beachgeddy

Jul 11, 2001
    Muskegon, MI
    no.

13. punkbassist

punkbassist Guest

Dec 3, 2001
    New Jersey
    yeah its a cross over. ITs going for 599 if you think its too much we will be more than happy to make a deal. We actually would be jumping with joy that we finally sold that bass. We would probably throw a huge employee party when we sell it. It has been there for years.

14. Bassstud1

Bassstud1 Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2001
    LaPorte Indiana USA
    Say Punkie bassist,

In your first post the price was $499. Now after some interest has been shown in it you up your price. That might be a typical practice in your store but I really don't think that buisness on talk bass is done that way IMO.

15. punkbassist

punkbassist Guest

Dec 3, 2001
    New Jersey
    our owner thinks its the greatest bass in the world. Yet, He doesn't buy it. If it is the greatest bass in the world. Than why doesn't it sell? Also since we have ibanez basses, Where our store is located there is alot of those korn and and cheap metal bands around. So when these kids see that they all play soundgear or ergodyne 5 strings they all come in and buy one so they can be like them.

16. punkbassist

punkbassist Guest

Dec 3, 2001
    New Jersey
    Goto my store the music den in landing nj we have it there. no one ever wants it. If u end up dealing with this guy with a british accent, and if he asks you if you need any help or if you are in tending on buying the bass, just ignore him. he doesn't know anything about a bass if it ****ed him up the ass. he is the only one who bothers you if you just playing around with the basses. Otherwise everyone else doesn't care.

17. Or at least he coulda edited the first post....

18. MrGump

MrGump

Apr 20, 2000