1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

anyone want to buy my RETROSPEC SQUEEZE BOX?

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by voxfoundation, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voxfoundation

voxfoundation

Nov 28, 2007
    Retrospec squeeze box for sale $600, Sounds amazing. Best bass compressor I've tried. Some trades considered. I'm located in Boston if you want to come try it out.

2. prsbass

prsbass

Oct 13, 2006
    Seattle
    wish I had the cash these are my fav and I could always use a spare.

3. voxfoundation

voxfoundation

Nov 28, 2007
    I'd be happy to send pictures to anyone interested, or meet in or around Boston to show the unit. prsbass, do you use yours for any other applications beside Bass? Just wondering.
    THANKS!:ninja:

4. Earwaxsculptor

Earwaxsculptor Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2005
    The Garden State
    Stop bragging. :p

5. prsbass

prsbass

Oct 13, 2006
    Seattle
    I've never tried using mine for anything other than bass but I bet they would be cool to use with guitar, vocals or drums especially if you wanted to do something kind of crazy and squash the signal to oblivion.

Earwaxsculptor,
    I once herd it's not braggin' if it's true:bag:

6. shikawkee

shikawkee

Sep 28, 2008
    I'm interested if you still have it.
    How old is it? I ask 'cause they're making them again.

7. prsbass

prsbass

Oct 13, 2006
    Seattle
    Where are they selling them?
    How much are they asking for them?
    Why wasn't I told of this?

8. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Seriously, link to this info please? :eyebrow:

9. voxfoundation

voxfoundation

Nov 28, 2007
    wow! Didn't know they are making them again. Heard a rumor for years but didn't/don't know if anything has materialized.
    This one I'm selling is an original, older one.
    Please let us know any info/ links of a reissue?
    Thanks!

10. shikawkee

shikawkee

Sep 28, 2008
    Found them by doing a web search. There's at least two audio retailers who are repping them now and one got back to me via e-mail this morning (Can't remember which one is which since he returned my e-mail without his firm name). $495.00 retail.

11. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Believe me, us Retrospec fans have done plenty of web searches. The few web stores that list them appear to be out of date, so I'd still like a link.

12. shikawkee

shikawkee

Sep 28, 2008
    Just ordered one from Joel:

joel@ecstaticelectric.com

They're out of parts right now but should have them
    in a few weeks. I can wait. They do carry the Juicebox too.

13. prsbass

prsbass

Oct 13, 2006
    Seattle
    Hey Vox did you get my pm?
    I know the trades are long shots but I had to ask.:ninja:

Seriously that guy Joel is about to have a full inbox.
    All the internet research I have done led me to out of date websites that were from '97 when these were being made.

14. shikawkee

shikawkee

Sep 28, 2008
    Joel's one of two guys who are in touch with Ken the original designer/manufacturer and got him back into making them. I'd like to pick up another if the price is right.

15. bkbirge

bkbirge

Jun 25, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    Yep, sent an email to him, didn't bounce back but I think this guy is going to be very surprised next time he opens his inbox.

16. bkbirge

bkbirge

Jun 25, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    Got a reply this morning, looks like it is in the tentative stage and he didn't directly answer my questions about price, deposit, or a waiting list, but seems they are planning it for real...

Thanks for the email.

Squeezeboxes will be ready later in the year...probably within a few months. I will send you an email when we will know the defintiive ship date.

Thanks....

17. shikawkee

shikawkee

Sep 28, 2008
    Joel told me it may be possible to have some done within a month or so. All depends on the parts.

18. boneshaker

boneshaker

Jun 22, 2009
    Is Retrospec still in business? I have a Squeeze Box I bought new 10 years ago at Maken Music which has never worked. The entire box is hideously microphonic, it goes into an oscillating loud buzz, and there is no effect. For ten years I have taken it to every top tech in Chicago, and no one can find anything wrong with it, saying it is "just a very bad design." That does not match the reputation of this device. I need to find someone to repair it, or the company to take it back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.