1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone was attacked?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by musicguy123, Apr 1, 2009.

1. musicguy123

musicguy123 Banned

Sep 4, 2007
    A particularly nasty computer worm that's already infected up to 15 million machines worldwide is set for another attack on April 1.

The so-called Conficker worm, which burrows itself onto computers running Microsoft's Window's operating system, has been spreading since at least October, according to Microsoft. Since then, its creators have tweaked the nefarious software to stay ahead of security fixes.

The worm, which relies on Internet connections to receive instructions from Web sites online, has spread through e-mails and downloads over the past few months. Microsoft and computer security software developers like McAfee and Norton already have fixes available for users.

2. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    There's one every year the anti virus companies and microsoft make these highly publicized viruses to get people to buy software.

3. I am showing no signs of it as of yet. I'll report back at the end of the day if the comp still works.

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

As effective as the Millenium bug!! :p

5. S Sanders

S Sanders

Feb 15, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Yeah!

And winter was invented by the clothing companies.

6. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    Since when people don't wear clothes in the summer or other seasons?;)

7. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    <yawn>

Tempest in a teapot.

8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Yes - if anything - it's a hot summer that forces people to change what they normally wear!! :p

9. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    With my perfect English I understood his statement as "People didn't used to wear clothes in the winter so cloth companies invented winter."

I'll go put a cheese on my forehead now.:meh:

I need to take more classes,Relic where are you?:D

10. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i had the craps this morning, but all my comps are completely safe.

i need to switch to soy milk.

11. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I just got back from a rather satisfying poo thank you very much.