1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

anyone watch Big Love?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jomahu, Jun 28, 2007.

1. jomahu

jomahu

Dec 15, 2004
    Bos, MA
    it's back on, and i still love it. can't seem to have a logical discussion about it, 'cause lots of people refuse to watch it simply based on its premise (polygamy). not surprisingly, tho, it's mostly women who refuse...

the first wife (jean tripplehorn) is foxy, too. ;)

seang15 likes this.
  2. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Personally, I love it. Great characters, interesting story arcs, raises the debate about polygamy.........and then there's also Jean Tripplehorn and the rest of the wives:

brentpitch.gif

3. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    My wife (who grew up Mormon, but got over it) and I watch it every week - she's more hooked on it more than I am. Great show - acting, storylines, etc. HBO is, once again, airing a quality show that steps outside the box of "normal" subject matter and presenting it in a way people can connect with.

+1 on Jean Tripplehorn!

EDIT: As far as polygamy goes, it's definitely not for me. I have enough trouble keeping one wife happy.

4. HBO will never see another dime of my money. Deadwood should have had a proper 4th season.

5. my parents love that show.

i don't watch TV often.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I just spent the last three months watching the entire series on Roku.
    Well done from start to finish. It was cool watching the family evolve over five seasons. Lots of cool episodes mixed in with a few duds.
    When it was done, I was done watching it. I didn't feel like I wanted to keep watching or like there were all kinds of unanswered story lines.

-Mike

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  7. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I stopped at the second to last season. Years later I tried to watch the last season but didn't wanna back track. The overall story was interesting but a lot of individual episodes were boring.

8. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

I think Bill turned down a role in TWD for BL.
    I enjoyed it immensely.

oops, no I was thinking of Thoma Jane, who did Hung instead & that's a funny series.

They almost cast Henry Rollins as Negan & I wish they had!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  9. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Bill dies in the last episode.
    Carl guns him down in the driveway.

-Mike

10. Killed_by_Death

I guess you haven't figured out how to use spoiler tags :bored:, to save those who haven't seen it yet or not seen the ending...

11. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    The show is 10+ years old. If people haven't watched it by now, that's on them.
    I was responding to @Gorn to let him know how it turned out so he doesn't have to go back and try and piece it all together.

-Mike

FingerDub and Gorn like this.
  12. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I think six years is a good enough window to discuss without spoiler alerts.

13. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    any guy who wants multiple wives, deserves it.

14. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Deserves what?

15. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    It.

-Mike

16. Killed_by_Death

There's a whole lot of folks in Utah who would disagree with you.
    Death certainly shouldn't be the penalty for polygamy, even by a long stretch.

Meanwhile, any TBer who was now interested in watching the series had the ending blown for them in post #9 :rollno:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  17. FingerDub

FingerDub Inactive

Jan 8, 2016
    Hey, can someone tell me how Scarface ends? Please don't spoil it for others though, it's only 35 years old and I'm just getting to it now.

18. Killed_by_Death

Big Love isn't a wildly popular movie.
    I could just see someone opening the thread & thinking, "Yeah, I should check this series out!", scrolls down & says "Oh well, nevermind!"

19. seang15

seang15

Aug 28, 2008
    Cary NC
    Bill Paxton was truly a great talent, may he Rest in peace.

MJ5150 and Killed_by_Death like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021