Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone watch DMB Stroytellers last night?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Sep 14, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I think i pretty much was able to catch most of it, i was pretty impressed they have a great connection live and i always thought their music has a very organic kind of feel to it. I am sure it will be re running in the next few days if you missed it.

2. mattsk42

mattsk42 $100 off new Directv subsp.PM me BEFORE signing up Supporting Member

I watched some of it. I was impressed w/ the recording. You could hear all the parts really well. They also managed to show more than one band member which was also nice. Good show.

3. Pruitt

Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    I saw pretty much the whole thing. I thought it was pretty good and I'm not necessarily a huge fan of theirs. It's not that I don't like them, I've just never really been "drawn" by them. But, the show last night was good enough that I may pay a bit more attention to them and pick up some more of their recordings. I'd recommend catching a rerun of it if you didn't see it. ;)

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah i am pretty much the same way and like you after hearing last night i might check out some of their records, my sister got their latest one and she said she really enjoyed it.

5. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Oh no! I missed it!! I'll definetly watch for it... I really enjoy watching them live.
    If you want to hear them at their best, go for their live stuff. So much more enjoyable than their recorded stuff, imo. Very tight band. Carter B. is a monster.

6. No doubt their live stuff rules. Probly the best recorded live CD I've ever heard was their Central Park Concert. Very awesome 3 disc set. If youre looking for a first DMB Cd, pick up Central Park.

7. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    +1000

sorry to sidetrack the thread but that abum is amazing. The quality of the recording is amazing, and there just alot energy in all the songs. Disc 3 - Track 1 = pure heaven

8. mattsk42

mattsk42 $100 off new Directv subsp.PM me BEFORE signing up Supporting Member

Thanks for the recommendation. I might check it out. I really really don't enjoy their CD stuff, but from any live thing I've heard, they're ten times better. And the bass lines are very nice.

9. Stefan Lessard writes some magical basslines.

10. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    That's the lord's truth right there.

11. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    I wouldn't suggest a live DMB cd first. The 1/2 hour jams might turn someone off that wasn't used to the tunes to begin with. I think Under The Table & Dreaming or Crash would be a good start.

12. Quality

Quality

May 7, 2003
    Long Beach, CA
    Actually the first DMB CD I bought was the Central Park Concert and it was amazing.
    Although I had heard a few of the tracks from the regular CDs first I was impressed by everything on the live CD.

13. Well, I love it all. According to iTunes, I have 329 DMB songs. So I guess Im kind of addicted, you could say.

14. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    same here

15. I've been a fan since the mid 90's. I eally love this band. I get so much crap from friends about it too. Hey they play good music, and thier own instruments, wow!!!!!!! Anyways, I missed that show too becasue I had to play that night downtown. I don't have one of them fancy VCR things, so I could't tape it. I know i have friends who did though. Anyways, i hear some people likede the new album. I'd like to know what part. Because that is thier worst cd. Tried listening to it many times, gave it many chances, but still yeah not working. And this is also the opinion of alot of people. Hello again was awesome live though. IMO Before these Crowded streets was thier best.